Any good handyman or Do-It-Yourselfer knows that you need proper tools when you want a job well done. That is why Allan Block has an estimating tool that can be downloaded at allanblock.com or click on this link (AB Estimating Tool For Retaining Walls, Patio Walls & Fences).
To get started on your estimation, you need to deliberate the final aesthetics of the project. Here are some things to consider:
|Standard Block Fence with Iron Fencing Above|
- What is the height of the fence?
- What is the overall length?
- Are there corners or openings that need to be considered?
- Will you be finishing the posts one block higher than the panels as we recommend, or even taller to account for iron or metal fencing?
- Are you constructing an Ashlar Pattern panel, or just using Standard Panel Block?
|Ashlar Pattern Panel|
Once you have answers to these questions, you can use the AB Estimating Tool and get the amount of block you need. Obviously, there are always people to help you. Click on “Find a Store” at www.allanblock.com and talk to your local manufacturer for any questions you may have. Or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.