August 2, 2019

Where do I get Engineering Assistance for my Retaining Wall Project?

Written by Ryan Miller

You may be faced with the task of building a retaining wall at your house to alleviate a grade change in your yard.  The town you are living in may require engineering to construct the wall and/or you may be wondering how to get engineering assistance on your own even if your town doesn’t require a set of drawings from a licensed engineer.  Well, there are several people/companies and/or tools you could lean on to gather that information.  Below is a list of those resources:

  1. Local dealer and/or manufacturer of Allan Block retaining walls products.  Find a local resource here.
  2. Local Structural, Civil or Geotechnical Engineering firms – your local dealer or manufacturer can help you find these.
  3. Use Allan Block’s Engineering Manual along with our Installation guides (Commercial and Residential) to see how the engineering works within these structures and how it applies to the installation.
  4. Call or email Allan Block.  We have an internal group of engineers ready to answer your call and help you answer questions pertinent to your retaining wall project.  We can be reached at 1-800-599-8309 or

When you find yourself in a situation which requires engineering assistance, we have all the tools and resources for your project.  Please don’t hesitate to call or email us if there is anything we may be able to help with.  

No comments:

Post a Comment