Outdoor kitchens, fireplaces and water gardens have become much more popular, making backyards the new “outdoor living area”. Today, the traditional patio no longer makes the grade. Homeowners want an outdoor space that is an oasis for relaxing with family and friends.
|Excerpt from: Allan Block Landscape Newsletter Issue 9|
With a nation going crazy over "extreme makeovers", it is no surprise that this popular trend has now made it to the backyard. The versatile family of Allan Block products lets you create backyard makeovers that are stunningly beautiful. Turn an unusable slope into a colorful garden, transform a lifeless patio into a charming courtyard or create an outdoor kitchen with a built-in BBQ grill.
Creating outdoor spaces that your residential customers will love takes a few simple steps
- Work with the homeowner to define how the space will be used.
- Create a detailed plan so you can develop an accurate project estimate.
- Inspect the on-site soils to ensure they are suitable for construction.
- Consider water management.
lot lines and utility locations, and obtain necessary permits.
- Create privacy in the backyard by designing "rooms" using raised planters and seating walls as borders.
visual interest by using a range of colors and textures.
Backyard landscape improvements not only create more living space, they are also a good financial investment.